10.6.05

The Official Interview Game

Questions in bold from Snapperhead.

1. When veach st glines created a derivation of your work, specifically: an edited version of your post Bathing last night, from 11 May, which was - and, clearly, still is - in explicit violation of your stated Creative Commons Deed, how did the human brain that guides your tightly balled self react? Was it strongly enough to either alter your CC (and, ergo, permit future derivations) or request he revise his post? Why or why not?

I put that in ages ago, because it seemed less severe than copyright, and other people had it too. I'm not actually sure of the details of what it says, but anyone's welcome to quote and link or be creative with my stuff. Paranoid and somewhat vainly, I suppose the message of that button for me is: don't secretly publish this yourself and make money from it.

2. Steven Lock appears to be a fully realized character; albeit written by yourself and your lazy-left partner speaking in a strikingly different voice. When will we (your audience) be privy to more creative non-fiction along the same vein?

January 12th, 2011, 4.37pm GMT.

No, in fact I'm not sure. I wrote the Adam blog I link to, which again is a different voice. I do have a few other short stories knocking about, but I'm not really satisfied with them. If by same vein you mean style of voice, then they are closer to Monsieur Lock than the blog is. But if by same vein you mean subject matter, probably I have left that sort of stuff behind. O, my post tomorrow will be short-story-esque.

3. Did your fingers type the entire Search! entry from 21 Jan, or were all those bytes of Jack-Torranceque-effluvium cut and pasted from some keyword cache geared to insure 'raunchy fat girl' would gain it's rightful place? Which line of the diatribe is your favorite and why?

The list was posted on an obscure forum, and I copied it from there. Not sure where it originated before that. I had to take out a few things - forum flames that had been hidden in the text. My favourite lines are the beginning and end lines - up to 'FIST' at the start, below 'FIST' at the bottom. I moved them there deliberately. I also like the non-sexual phrase I put in that list, it reminds me of a certain mood I was in at the time, so that's kind of a favourite.

Ok, time to decide. My favourite part of the Search! post is: "massive dildos horendous dildos". The phrase "horendous dildos" just makes be laugh, and the whole thing has this beautiful prosody.

4. Complete this list of how-ever-many seems appropriate: masturbate, punch, . . .

... finger, Judy.

5. What, where, or whom, during your big apple holiday, did you find the most and least interesting? If money were no object, where would you spend the best holiday-fortnight of your life?

Least interesting: "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" by Jules Verne. A boring novel for a reader nowadays, albeit with a couple of nice descriptive passages.

Most interesting: a lecture celebrating the Hamburger, which inspired me to eat a whole bunch.

If money were no object... tricky, I'm not really that into travelling or holidays. It'd definitely involve good food, moderate temperatures, a few friends, and chess. Maybe somewhere in the French countryside?


The Official Interview Game Rules


1 If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying “interview me.”

2 I will respond by asking you five questions — each person’s will be different.

3 You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.

4 You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.

5 When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


Answer to previous post's question: stay tuned, it'll be up tomorrow.